Archive for the Uncategorized Category
Well, maybe not everything… but I’ve been experimenting with adding a scoop of my ViShake mix to juices – I started to make a green juice with my juicer, pour into my Vi shaker cup, add ViShake mix, and then shake hard, and then drink – it was alright. Well… it was ok, not the best but maybe another juice recipe would work better! The following two ideas are definitely tastier!
Another idea with the warm weather coming and cravings for ice-cream is to add Vi Shake mix to my banana “ice-cream” – you may have seen the recipes, just take a frozen banana and blend it in your food processor or if you are lucky, a fancy Vitamix blender to make sorbets sweetened with ViShake!
For breakfast or dessert, mix 1/2 cup plain yogurt with a scoop of Vi Shake, stir to blend well, add a tablespoon of chia seeds (optional: this will thicken the yogurt – let it sit for about 5 mins.) and then top with some fruit and/or if you have the Vi Fuel Kit, use some Vi Crunch or Vi Crunch Fusions in Chocolate Macadamia Granola or Vi Crunch Fusions in Tri-Berry Puffs. Yum!
What is your favorite way to mix in ViShake?
Did you know ViSalus Body by Vi Shakes leads in healthy nutrition? There is less fat, salt and sugar in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix compared to other shake mixes used for weight loss, weight maintenance and as a meal replacement. And there are more vitamins and nutrients in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix. The best healthy breakfast shakes need to provide you with the vitamins and minerals you need and less of the fat, salt and sugar we do not need.
To help you make the best decision for a healthy breakfast shake, review the nutrition facts label found on the package. The proposed new recommendations for what to list on the new nutrition labels are based on the latest nutrition science and the connection of what we eat and our health. New nutrition labels in the future may require information on “added sugars” – the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans states that intake of added sugar is too high in the US population and should be reduced. Vi-Shape has less than 1 gram of sugar.
Other vitamin and nutrient information that may be required in the future for nutrition labels include added Vitamin D and potassium. These are nutrients that some in the US population are not getting enough of, which puts them at higher risk for chronic disease. Vitamin D is important for bone health and potassium is beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
As a nod to the proposed overhaul of the nutrition facts label on food packages, here are some of the vitamins and minerals and nutrients in your Vi-Shape Shake Mix – definitely something to feel good about! All the values below are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and one serving of the Body by Vi Shape Shake Mix (2 scoops of the protein powder):
- Vitamin D – 30% (for bone health)
- Potassium – 4% (for heart health)
- Vitamin A – 30% (for growth and repair of body tissues)
- Calcium – 30% (for building bones and teeth)
- Vitamin K – 30% (helps with blood clotting and bone health)
- Riboflavin (B2) – 30% (antioxidant)
- Vitamin B6 – 30% (helps with liver detoxification and brain health)
- Vitamin B12 – 30% (helps keep nerve and blood cells healthy)
- Vitamin C – 30% (antioxidant and helps with maintaining collagen)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 30% (helps with fat metabolism)
- Iodine – 30% (for thyroid health)
- Zinc – 30% (helps with immune system)
- Copper – 30% (for blood antioxidants)
- Chromium – 30% (to help metabolize carbohydrates)
- Iron – 5% (helps get oxygen to all the cells in the body)
- Vitamin E – 30% (antioxidant and helps lower blood pressure)
- Thiamin (B1) – 30% (helps with nervous system support)
- Niacin (B3) – 30% (helps with energy metabolism and antioxidant)
- Phosphorus – 30% (helps with healthy nerves and efficient mental activity)
- Magnesium – 30% (helps with proper functioning of muscles)
- Selenium – 30% (helps with anti-aging)
- Manganese – 30% (antioxidant)
- Molybdenum – 30% (helps promote normal cell formation)
The Body by Vi Shake Mix nutrition label has always provided the information you need to make the right decision on the right healthy breakfast shake for you, whether your goal is weight loss, weight management or for a meal replacement shake. See the complete nutrition label for the Vi-Shape Mix.
What Ingredients are in the Body by Vi Shake Mix?
The unique ingredients in the Body by Vi Shake Mix help make it one of the best tasting and good for you products available. Body by Vi was developed to provide you an easy and cost effective way to get the amazing nutrition you need for optimal health.
To make a meal, simply mix two rounded scoops of the Vi-Shape shake mix into non-fat milk or soy milk and blend. Mix with water for a protein snack. For added flavor and nutrition, you can blend in fresh, frozen or canned fruits. Try Shape-Up (TM) Health Flavor Mix-ins for flavor and added nutrition.
Reasons Why Body by Vi Shake Mix is better than others:
- A unique, concentrated and absorbable blend of proteins processed to remove fat, lactose, carbohydrates and isoflavones to provide pure, concentrated protein. When mixed with milk or soy milk, we provide 20-22 grams of protein, the right mix to burn fat and build lean muscle.
- Low sodium. Lower than other brands!
- Contains a serving of whole milk, for bone healthy calcium.
- Contains a full serving of fruit or vegetable fiber, without gas.
- Contains digestive aids and enzymes, including prebiotic activity for maximum nutrition absorption
- Smells and tastes like cake mix! No grit! No metallic aftertaste.
What’s in Body by Vi Shake Mix:
- A unique blend of proteins that work quickly and provide long-lasting nutrition to help you burn fat and build lean muscle
- Heart healthy non GMO soy protein (NO Isoflavones)
- Fibersol (TM), a new patented fiber blend that helps keep you feeling full, providing benefits of fiber without gas that can be easily caused by other types of fiber
- Aminogen (TM) to help your body maximize protein and nutrient absorption
- 23 Vitamins and minerals, along with other ingredients to help you burn fat
View the complete Body By Vi Ingredients supplement facts video here:
Audrey Sommerfeld heads up the ViSalus Sciences® product marketing efforts, ensuring the company has a competitive and compelling product line and the tools to generate exposure and sales. Sommerfeld brings to ViSalus™ the experiences of a successful career as a marketing executive with global leadership roles in some of the world’s most established companies. After a career in well-known companies, such as Proctor & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson and Neutrogena.
Scientific Questions about ViSalus Body by Vi Products with Audrey Sommerfeld