Archive for the ViSalus Weight Loss Category
I started doing some research on all the weight loss protein shakes on the market.
Our customers share with us the reasons why Body by Vi Shakes work for them, here are the top reasons:
- Convenience – the shake mix mixes up easily in just a shaker cup without any grittiness. It is easy to mix it up with water or any other liquid of choice (almond milk, dairy milk, or coconut milk) which adds to its portability. Mix up a shake at work, at the gym or on the way out the door for breakfast every morning.
- Protein to feel full – there have been lots of studies that prove protein at every meal will help keep you feeling full until your next meal.
- Taste – Body by Vi Shake mix tastes good and that makes it easier to stay committed to your weight loss goal.
- Variety – Body by Vi Shake mix is a sweet slightly vanilla flavor that can be combined with other flavors to create an infinite variety of smoothies. Use Body by Vi in your green smoothies, fruit smoothies or fancy gourmet smoothie concoctions! Here is a recipe booklet for inspiration! My favorite morning smoothie is the mocha with banana. (1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, chocolate mix in, 1 – 2 teaspoon instant coffee and 2 scoops of Body by Vi Shake mix Blended in my Bullet)
- Easy Program to Follow – simply replace two meals with a shake and eat a normal sized and healthy meal will help you lose weight. Most find breakfast and lunch are the easiest meals to replace with a Body by Vi shake/smoothie and then have dinner with family in the evenings.
Well, maybe not everything… but I’ve been experimenting with adding a scoop of my ViShake mix to juices – I started to make a green juice with my juicer, pour into my Vi shaker cup, add ViShake mix, and then shake hard, and then drink – it was alright. Well… it was ok, not the best but maybe another juice recipe would work better! The following two ideas are definitely tastier!
Another idea with the warm weather coming and cravings for ice-cream is to add Vi Shake mix to my banana “ice-cream” – you may have seen the recipes, just take a frozen banana and blend it in your food processor or if you are lucky, a fancy Vitamix blender to make sorbets sweetened with ViShake!
For breakfast or dessert, mix 1/2 cup plain yogurt with a scoop of Vi Shake, stir to blend well, add a tablespoon of chia seeds (optional: this will thicken the yogurt – let it sit for about 5 mins.) and then top with some fruit and/or if you have the Vi Fuel Kit, use some Vi Crunch or Vi Crunch Fusions in Chocolate Macadamia Granola or Vi Crunch Fusions in Tri-Berry Puffs. Yum!
What is your favorite way to mix in ViShake?
Did you know ViSalus Body by Vi Shakes leads in healthy nutrition? There is less fat, salt and sugar in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix compared to other shake mixes used for weight loss, weight maintenance and as a meal replacement. And there are more vitamins and nutrients in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix. The best healthy breakfast shakes need to provide you with the vitamins and minerals you need and less of the fat, salt and sugar we do not need.
To help you make the best decision for a healthy breakfast shake, review the nutrition facts label found on the package. The proposed new recommendations for what to list on the new nutrition labels are based on the latest nutrition science and the connection of what we eat and our health. New nutrition labels in the future may require information on “added sugars” – the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans states that intake of added sugar is too high in the US population and should be reduced. Vi-Shape has less than 1 gram of sugar.
Other vitamin and nutrient information that may be required in the future for nutrition labels include added Vitamin D and potassium. These are nutrients that some in the US population are not getting enough of, which puts them at higher risk for chronic disease. Vitamin D is important for bone health and potassium is beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
As a nod to the proposed overhaul of the nutrition facts label on food packages, here are some of the vitamins and minerals and nutrients in your Vi-Shape Shake Mix – definitely something to feel good about! All the values below are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and one serving of the Body by Vi Shape Shake Mix (2 scoops of the protein powder):
- Vitamin D – 30% (for bone health)
- Potassium – 4% (for heart health)
- Vitamin A – 30% (for growth and repair of body tissues)
- Calcium – 30% (for building bones and teeth)
- Vitamin K – 30% (helps with blood clotting and bone health)
- Riboflavin (B2) – 30% (antioxidant)
- Vitamin B6 – 30% (helps with liver detoxification and brain health)
- Vitamin B12 – 30% (helps keep nerve and blood cells healthy)
- Vitamin C – 30% (antioxidant and helps with maintaining collagen)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 30% (helps with fat metabolism)
- Iodine – 30% (for thyroid health)
- Zinc – 30% (helps with immune system)
- Copper – 30% (for blood antioxidants)
- Chromium – 30% (to help metabolize carbohydrates)
- Iron – 5% (helps get oxygen to all the cells in the body)
- Vitamin E – 30% (antioxidant and helps lower blood pressure)
- Thiamin (B1) – 30% (helps with nervous system support)
- Niacin (B3) – 30% (helps with energy metabolism and antioxidant)
- Phosphorus – 30% (helps with healthy nerves and efficient mental activity)
- Magnesium – 30% (helps with proper functioning of muscles)
- Selenium – 30% (helps with anti-aging)
- Manganese – 30% (antioxidant)
- Molybdenum – 30% (helps promote normal cell formation)
The Body by Vi Shake Mix nutrition label has always provided the information you need to make the right decision on the right healthy breakfast shake for you, whether your goal is weight loss, weight management or for a meal replacement shake. See the complete nutrition label for the Vi-Shape Mix.
By now you have probably heard that we should cut back on saturated or solid fats. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans encourage us to eat fewer foods that are high in solid fats, also known as saturated fats. The foods that are sources of saturated fats are cakes, cookies, hot dogs, pizza, ice cream etc… the fun foods! These can be part of your diet, just make them occasional choices, not everyday foods.
ViSalus Body by Vi Shakes, however, can be an everyday food or protein smoothie drink. It has zero saturated fat! See how ViSalus ingredients for the Shake Mix found in all their Challenge Kits including: Balance Kit, Shape Kit, Transformation Kit and their new Fuel Kit can be a part of your everyday choice food for a healthier and skinnier you!