Did you know ViSalus Body by Vi Shakes leads in healthy nutrition? There is less fat, salt and sugar in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix compared to other shake mixes used for weight loss, weight maintenance and as a meal replacement. And there are more vitamins and nutrients in the Vi-Shape Shake Mix. The best healthy breakfast shakes need to provide you with the vitamins and minerals you need and less of the fat, salt and sugar we do not need.
To help you make the best decision for a healthy breakfast shake, review the nutrition facts label found on the package. The proposed new recommendations for what to list on the new nutrition labels are based on the latest nutrition science and the connection of what we eat and our health. New nutrition labels in the future may require information on “added sugars” – the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans states that intake of added sugar is too high in the US population and should be reduced. Vi-Shape has less than 1 gram of sugar.
Other vitamin and nutrient information that may be required in the future for nutrition labels include added Vitamin D and potassium. These are nutrients that some in the US population are not getting enough of, which puts them at higher risk for chronic disease. Vitamin D is important for bone health and potassium is beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
As a nod to the proposed overhaul of the nutrition facts label on food packages, here are some of the vitamins and minerals and nutrients in your Vi-Shape Shake Mix – definitely something to feel good about! All the values below are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and one serving of the Body by Vi Shape Shake Mix (2 scoops of the protein powder):
- Vitamin D – 30% (for bone health)
- Potassium – 4% (for heart health)
- Vitamin A – 30% (for growth and repair of body tissues)
- Calcium – 30% (for building bones and teeth)
- Vitamin K – 30% (helps with blood clotting and bone health)
- Riboflavin (B2) – 30% (antioxidant)
- Vitamin B6 – 30% (helps with liver detoxification and brain health)
- Vitamin B12 – 30% (helps keep nerve and blood cells healthy)
- Vitamin C – 30% (antioxidant and helps with maintaining collagen)
- Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 30% (helps with fat metabolism)
- Iodine – 30% (for thyroid health)
- Zinc – 30% (helps with immune system)
- Copper – 30% (for blood antioxidants)
- Chromium – 30% (to help metabolize carbohydrates)
- Iron – 5% (helps get oxygen to all the cells in the body)
- Vitamin E – 30% (antioxidant and helps lower blood pressure)
- Thiamin (B1) – 30% (helps with nervous system support)
- Niacin (B3) – 30% (helps with energy metabolism and antioxidant)
- Phosphorus – 30% (helps with healthy nerves and efficient mental activity)
- Magnesium – 30% (helps with proper functioning of muscles)
- Selenium – 30% (helps with anti-aging)
- Manganese – 30% (antioxidant)
- Molybdenum – 30% (helps promote normal cell formation)
The Body by Vi Shake Mix nutrition label has always provided the information you need to make the right decision on the right healthy breakfast shake for you, whether your goal is weight loss, weight management or for a meal replacement shake. See the complete nutrition label for the Vi-Shape Mix.